Sunday, July 31, 2022

My First Wasp Sting and George Jetson is Born :/

So... I got my first wasp sting today!!!!!! 0_0 Went on a drive up the canyon. First to Wallsburg (enjoying green pastures and all the horses), past deer creek, up to Midway....

And then I got stung, while driving on main street next to the park. I was in the passenger side, window down, and suddenly my left forearm started to burn! I curled my arm to look, and a wasp was stuck on my sleeve! A red dot where the sting took place. I freaked out telling my Mom to pull over, as I wanted to get out and get the thing off me. After my Mom got the wasp with a napkin we pulled into a tiny parking lot. 

Thanks to my Mom's quick thinking she grabbed a water bottle and washed my skin, and I thankfully had ice in a cup, and used the ice to help with the sting.

Then we continued on our drive, windows still down. Through Midway, up to Heber, loop back to Midway, past the lake/reservoir/deer creek, up to Sundance, and then home. 

The drive was so nice... besides the wasp bit. But I'm so scared of wasps!!!!  Like, I freeze and freak. I've got no problem, at all, with spiders and snakes. But with wasps and bees I'm all kinds of scared. At least I now know I'm not allergic. It swelled a little, turned speckled pink, but now it's died down and I'm putting lavender oil on it to help the itching.

I'm so scared of wasps that when I was 15, close to Bakersfield and heading towards Santa Barbara, a wasp flew into the car, and I freaked and accidentally flicked my glasses out the window. Was blind for about two weeks. -_-

Anywho... George Jetson was apparently born today!! From The Jetsons cartoon show, which aired in 1962... and set in 2062. George was born July 31, 2022 and is 40 on the show.

For starters, George looks fantastic for his age. Great skin and a full head of hair. Also... 40?! I just can't even with that right now! But also, I had no idea, while watching The Jetsons as a kid, that I will be 80 when the show takes place. 

On Star Trek when the Vulcans are supposed to make first contact with Earth is April 5, 2063. So there's that... :/

Those are going to be crazy back to back years!!!! :P

Side note: We had great television when I was a kid. Kids today are missing out. Saturday morning cartoons. Watched all the greats! The Jetsons, Flintstones, Smurfs, Loony Tunes with classic television like Gilligan's Island, I Dream of Jeannie, Bewitched, and I Love Lucy thrown in. Loved the old stuff. And towards the end of elementary school Rescue Rangers, Darkwing Duck, Tail Spin, Duck Tales, etc, was first airing. Can't forget Strawberry Shotcake, Care Bears, Gummi Bears, classic My Little Pony, and Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles. :D I had the Darkwing Duck theme song memorized. Loved that thing. Oh, and all the classic Mickey Mouse/Donald Duck/Goofy shorts. I rented the VHS's from the video store, repeatedly.

Cartoons Saturday morning was such a treat and something worth waiting for and waking up early to watch. Good times.

Anywho, it's getting late.

Night,
Sarah

No comments:

Post a Comment