Friday, August 7, 2020

Keeping the Tooth Fairy Lie Alive... :\

This last weekend I watched the kiddos, and I learned something very interesting: My two oldest nieces still believe in the Tooth Fairy, and my Mom and I may have helped contribute to this belief.

Heh.

So...

My second oldest niece was telling me how her friend told her that the Tooth Fairy isn't real, and that it's the parents who put the money under the pillow.  But that can't be true because of  Disneyland.

See, back in February while waiting in line for Autopia my oldest niece suddenly got really quiet and tearful.  She then showed my Mom and I her tooth that just came out, and was worried something really bad happened.  Of course it's normal, and we told her so, and she felt better.  The first night my Mom forgot to put money under her pillow, and that next morning my oldest niece was a little sad.  Maybe the tooth fairy didn't know they were at Disneyland?  The second night my Mom remembered and gave her $5 for forgetting the first night, and because we were at Disneyland.  They typically only get a dollar, but Disneyland is magical, and souvenirs are expensive.

Fast forward to this last weekend.  My nieces were reminiscing about our time at Disneyland, and that the tooth fairy had to be real, because my oldest niece got tooth fairy money at Disneyland, and their parents weren't there, and if the tooth fairy is really the parents, and their parents weren't at Disneyland, therefore the tooth fairy is real.

They were being very methodical in their reasoning.  And I just smiled and nodded my head.  I wasn't going to be the bearer of bad news.  I'm leaving that to their parents when the time comes.

Ah man!!  

Also, it should be mentioned that my oldest niece told me that I could play Elsa because I have white in my hair.  I just smiled and nodded.  She was so positive and optimistic about it!   Guess it's time to color my hair again. :P

 

No comments:

Post a Comment