Tuesday, July 28, 2020

(July 2019) Just Having a Little Fun Last Year at Disneyland


 (July 2019)

I had to hop online a few days ago to quickly download some pictures from a trip last year to Disneyland before they were deleted.  It feels so long ago.

Heh, the above pic is so flattering. :P  Unfortunately I didn't pull the sword out of the stone, I mean anvil.  It was fun, though.  The morning a little drizzly before all the guests arrived.  I went into the park early with my Dad, my Mom and Aunt wanting to take a little longer before our character breakfast at the Plaza Inn.  We had fun riding a few rides.

I don't know when the California parks are opening.  Downtown Disney is, but I'm not going to make an effort to visit until the restrictions are lifted, so it will probably be awhile before I visit the Disney Parks.  Everything is a whole lot crazy right now.

But I am having withdraws.  It's the little things, really.  Not even the rides.  I miss sitting in the glass covered portion of the Plaza Inn with a chicken meal and chocolate cake, overlooking Main Street USA, watching park guests, seeing balloons, and maybe a passing parade.  I miss walking through Adventureland and hearing hints of Jazz music (Sing, Sing, Sing is played in the Indiana Jones fast pass ticket area, the the music for the Jungle Cruise line is the best), the new dole whip area is nice.  I miss catching a show at the Golden Horseshoe when there were performances.  Wandering through shops in New Orleans Square and stopping to hear a band.  Grabbing treats at Pooh Corner.  Hearing the music at the Tea Cups in Fantasyland.  I miss the smell of churros and other tempting scents.  I miss the energy, the barbershop quartet, the ragtime piano man next to the Gibson Ice Cream shop.

I miss it all.

(I miss California Adventure, too, but my heart is in the original park).

I'm just super glad and thankful that my Mom and I were able to take two of my nieces last February.  That's how I want to remember Disneyland.  Wondering and wandering around the parks with complete freedom, doing everything we could to not waste a moment.

The below pictures are a couple I took with my Dad. 



No comments:

Post a Comment