Tuesday, February 11, 2020

Celebrating the Lunar New Year with Mulan at Disney California Adventure Park, Disneyland 2020


Lunar New Years was celebrated at Disney California Adventure Park, Disneyland, from - , 2020.  Unfortunately it ended last Sunday, though this has been celebrated in years past, so hopefully they do it again next year.  2020 is technically the year of the rat, but with a little Disney magic California Adventure celebrated the year of the mouse, which is very Mickey and Minnie appropriate.

My Mom and I took my two older nieces last week to the Disney parks.  The last time we took them was three years ago.  With all the cramming we did in those three days (Disneyland CA is doing a 3 day pass, $67 dollar a day, one park per day, no hopper, for kids from now until May 18, 2020, if you buy the tickets online), there was one thing I wanted my nieces to see, and that was Mulan's Lunar New Years Procession.

It's a fun show that took place close to the Little Mermaid ride showcasing cultural dancing (no expert, so not sure which Asian cultures are represented) and Disney characters in special outfits.  It really was a good show, and the younger of my two nieces turned to me right when it ended and said, "That was so cool!"  And let me tell you a little something about this girl: she's hard to please, opinionated, never wastes a compliment, and will tell you exactly what she thinks, so when she likes something it's heartfelt.










No comments:

Post a Comment