Wednesday, July 29, 2015

Channeling My Inner Scottish Lass


 My future Sister-in-law, Robbie's fiance Lindsay, does Scottish dancing, aka Highland Dance, and her sister teaches it, so I've started taking lessons!  I've only had one class, but I'm loving it so far.  So much fun.  And I love the music, which makes it all the more enjoyable.

At some point I'm going to need to buy the proper shoes and costume, which are crazy expensive, so I'm saving up.  I want to start performing and competing next year, so I have a little time to piecemeal the outfit.  It's going to be a lot of fun picking out the tartan for my kilt :0)


I've been to a couple Scottish festivals this year, and I love listening to the bagpipes.  That's another bucket list item I have: play the drums in a Scottish pipe band.  That would be so much fun, as well, but I don't know anything about playing the drums.  I've got a great sense of rhythm and tap danced as a kid, so I wonder how hard it would be for me to learn the craft.

All things in their proper time!

Right now I'm going to enjoy dancing.

And I'm going to have fun channeling my inner Scott.


No comments:

Post a Comment