Thursday, July 23, 2015

Ant-Man, Mini Movie Review


Rating: 4 out of 5 stars

Ant-Man.  Marvel's latest foray into the land of Super-Heroes, featuring a man that doesn't just shrink down to the size of an ant, but he can communicate with them as well.

First of all: I hate ants.  Everybody in my family knows this.  Somehow I have magic "discover ants in the house and kill them" powers.  And I'm really good at spotting searcher ants.

I shed no tears when an ant dies.  No candlelight vigils here.

But despite my great dislike of ants, I really enjoyed this movie about the cat burglar Scott Lang () turned superhero, attempting to pull off the greatest heist of all time.

And what I really like about this expanding Marvel universe, is that there's something for everyone.  I'm more on the Captain America/Thor side of the spectrum, but Ant-Man holds his own.  I really enjoyed the humor.  There's a nice mixture of drama and laughs.

Plus this movie is a must watch for all Marvel buffs, simply because of the introduction of the Quantum Realm, an alternate dimension in which time and space becomes irrelevant, which will play a role in the Doctor Strange movie headed up by .

If you love the Marvel universe, movies involving espionage and infiltration, or good ol' fashion fun, you'll enjoy Ant-Man.

MPAA: Rated PG-13 for sci-fi action violence. 

Read Parents Guide Here.

 And Remember: Baskin Robbins Always Finds Out

Is it too late to change the name?
 

No comments:

Post a Comment