Monday, October 6, 2014

These Elephants Can Draw Better Then I Can!


Last night when I was meandering about the internet I stumbled upon a video of Suda the Elephant, from Taiwan, painting.  It was amazing!  That's better then anything I can draw!  Can this possibly be real?


I watched more video's of Suda painting.

Apparently most elephants are trained and can only paint one picture, whereas Suda is about to paint 15 different pieces.

As I investigated further, I began to read that elephants are trained to mimic strokes and lengths from their masters.  That they're not true artist in the sense of the word, simply copiers.  And most of them have been abused and tortured in able to be compliant towards this coaching.

I read a really good article on Snopes.com entitled Elephant Painting, with evidence towards these accusations. (A quick search can lead you to other information detailing the cruel abuse towards these animals.)


In the video above you can definitely see the master guiding the elephant.


And then I found these two video's, Part 1 and 2 of Awesome Elephant Artist from the BBC, showing Hong paining abstractly, without couching.


Hong seems to be enjoying it.


At least these Taiwan elephants seem to be enjoying the music, having fun, and painting freely.

 

And here you go, a Sarah original!  Yeah, brilliant . . . :P

No comments:

Post a Comment