Wednesday, October 8, 2014

My Adorable Nephew and Nieces + My Sleep Deprived Insanity Whilst Awaiting the Blood Moon


Aren't my Nieces and Nephew adorable?

I love them so much.

The oldest is proving to be such a good big sister.

"A man travels the world over in search of what he needs, and returns home to find it."
- George Moore

I'm preparing for the fact that this blog post
may be my most random blog post to date.

Why?  Because It's 2:06 a.m. in the morning as I type this portion, and I'm starting to feel it.  And Why am I sitting here this late writing this?  Because in a few hours is the Blood Moon, and I'm determined to not miss it.  I slept through the last one, and I just read on a website that blood moons 3 and 4 will not be easily visible on the west coast.  I couldn't find that information anywhere else, but I figured I couldn't take the chance and later regret not seeing something so astronomically historic.  Sure, there's going to be more blood moons, it's a typical occurrence, but blood moons aligning on Passover and the Feast of the Tabernacle twice over isn't so common.

2:13 am: That being said, I'm sitting here listening to Impossible by James Arther on loop.

An Anne of Green fan vid is to blame.

I've been listening to the song on repeat on Spotify.  Must-Download-Soon.  And I'm on a "look up Anne of Green Gable" fan videos kick.  Can't get enough.  It's proving I'm ready for another Road to Avonlea marathon.  There's something about this time of year that does it to me.  The cool air, changing of the leaves, crispness.

I love Autumn.

Anywho, before coming up here to start this blog post (wow, I am tired.  I just froze for 30 seconds trying to think and remember what I was going to write . . . ), I walked up the stairs and The Olaf Cat pounced at me playful like.  Typically he gets put in the Laundry room around 11 pm where he sleeps, but with my brother Steven and I staying up for the blood moon, we're letting him roam the house.  Olaf is possibly entering Crazy Cat Mode, which is typically quite amusing, just not at two in the morning.

It's 2:28 a.m., I think I'll catch up on some television.  Haven't seen this weeks Big Bang Theory, Sleepy Hallow, or Gotham.  The eclipse starts at 3:15 a.m., but the full eclipse isn't until 4:55 a.m.  I've got time.

3:20 a.m. and the eclipse has started! I essentially ran up here to grab my glasses cleaner. Smudgy glasses = a not so fun viewing experience.  There's clouds overhead.  Really hoping I'm able to get a good view of the moon during mid-eclipse.

BTW: The Olaf Cat didn't go into Crazy Cat mode.  He casually sat on the other side of the coach acting quite mature for 4 months.

Grabbed my blanket, sweater, and fuzzy socks.  Ready for some night gazing :0)

3:36 a.m.: The moon's being attacked by clouds!!

. . . there's a wonderful view of Orion.

(Just grabbed my Kindle so I can read The Magazine of Fantasy and Science Fiction as I wait.)

5:05 a.m.: I did get to see the first part of the eclipse, but right when total eclipse came, and then the mid-eclipse at 4:55, the moon was buried behind a layer of cloud.  I could see the red, but barely.  Very, very barely.

I'm a little disappointed.  It was nice, though, laying on top a blanket on the ground with two more blankets covering me, just starring at the sky.  I could see stars through the wispy cloud brakes.  There was a peacefulness in listening to the night and hearing the cars on the I-15 in the distance.  Feeling the crisp 55 degree air.

But I'm tired.

Trying to focus on the positive and not the disappointment.

5:25 a.m.

Goodnight World.

Now is not the time for insomnia.

Sleep in premium this early in the morning.

5:32 a.m. On the bright side I can say I've seen a blood moon.  So now I'm seen a blood moon, honey moon, blue moon, annular solar eclipse, transit of Venus, moon crossing over Jupiter, and several meteor showers.  Not bad.

Still want to see a full solar eclipse.

5:39 a.m.: Who am I kidding?  I'm disappointed.

Night.

No comments:

Post a Comment