Friday, October 31, 2014

Awaiting the Halloween Onslaught

I'm sitting here at the kitchen counter typing on my phone, because my laptop is having issues, with three full bowels of candy sitting in front of me.

They're coming!

Kids, girls and boys, plus the occasional "too old to be trick or treating" teenagers, fully clad as princesses and super heroes.

They're coming for candy, and I've got candy duty this year.

Maybe I'll slip on my red cowgirl hat to appear somewhat festive, or wear the tiara I splurged on at Disneyland last May.

It's not everyday I can wear a tiara and get away with it, unless I'm cleaning the house and need to feel a tad bit glamorous whilst mopping and dusting.

Tiara it is!!

So I sit here, finishing a chocolate frog I've been saving for today.

Meanwhile I need to peruse the book case for a good book, to keep me company between door knocks and bouts of "That's so cute" "Please take one." Teenagers are the ones you must watch out for.

So "Happy Halloween!"

And tomorrow I brace for the onslaught of "too early" Christmas tunes for all our shopping needs . . .

The holidays have begun, complete with a weekend forecast of snow.

No comments:

Post a Comment