Sunday, April 4, 2021

The Chosen & Latter-Day Saint General Conference

So, my heart is full.  Very, very full.

I just finished watching the live stream for The Chosen, a show about Jesus Christ and his followers, which was on YouTube, though the rest of the show will be on their app.  It's free!  And it's AMAZING!!!!  They're on Season two (just started airing), completely crowd funded, and if you missed season one it's all on the app.  The show truly is amazing.  We forget how human they all are, and this show truly expresses that, makes it so relatable, and makes me want to understand the scriptures better.

And this, along with being Easter Weekend, was also General Conference weekend, where leaders from the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints speak in televised sessions.  There's five sessions, three on Saturday and two on Sunday, and I watched all five.

This mornings session was just so beautiful.  Most of these talks were given by those around the world talking of their faith in Christ and thankfulness for the atonement.  Learned an interesting thing.  Apparently, I'll have to re-listen to the talks, but both Elder Gong and Elder Ballard spoke of how there's more singles in the church than married.  Did I miss hear that?  Singles as in never married, divorced, or widowed.  These two Elder's spoke such words of comfort.  It's so easy to feel alone when single.  And President Russel M. Nelson's talk was just so beautiful.  I need to re-listen to that and write down those five points of faith he spoke of, as I don't take notes while watching conference. 

Plus we're getting 20 new temples!!!!  Oslo, Norway. Brussels, Belgium. Vienna, Austria. Kumasi, Ghana. Beira, Mozambique. Cape Town, South Africa. Singapore, Republic of Singapore. Belo Horizonte, Brazil. Cali, Colombia. Querétaro, México. Torreón, México. Helena, Montana. Casper, Wyoming. Grand Junction, Colorado. Farmington, New Mexico. Burley, Idaho. Eugene, Oregon. Elko, Nevada. Yorba Linda, California. Smithfield, Utah.

We always get excited over new Temple announcements.  Like, really excited.  And we never know when they're going to be announced!  20 has to be the most they've ever announced at one time.  It's crazy.  So happy for all those people getting a temple closer to them so they don't have to travel as far.  It's such a blessing.  I love the temple so, so much.  It's such a warm, special place.

I'm cooking dinner.  Got something in the oven and need to start on the other things.  Hope you all had a wonderful weekend.  It's so beautiful right now!  We got up to 77 degrees and I went with my Mom on a quick drive up to the lake and back in between the last session and The Chosen streaming.

Good Night,
Good Sabbath,
Happy Easter,
Sarah

P.S.  Classic Movie Monday will be released later tomorrow as I haven't written it.  I know I missed it last week!  But this week I'm comparing two movies, so two in one.


No comments:

Post a Comment