Sunday, April 11, 2021

Taking a Few Week Break & The Creepiness of Ads, etc

I kinda reached a point where I need to take another Social Media break, including a break from this blog.  I'm not going out of town or doing anything special.  It's just good every now and then to take a step away.

One thing is I got a little creeped out this last week!  So... I watch 90 Day Fiance.  It's a little guilty pleasure that started up last year.  Anywho... so, the last half of last weeks episode was a baby special, and one of the people on there is this guy named Jovi.  His name was said quite a bit during this section, and half way through the special I opened my FB app.  What did I see?  Right on top was an ad for the Jovi Patch, something that's used for periods.  Isn't that insane?!!!!  I haven't searched or talked about it.  Never heard of it.  If anything all my ads tend to be for soap/fragrance companies, because it's fun to look through those sites, and I really like mini soaps.

To add to this creepiness, a little while back my youngest brother was talking to my sister-in-law about Christmas gifts, and they were doing so while speaking Spanish, as to hide what they wanted to get.  Well, my brother opened up FB and found an ad for said gift on his homepage, in Spanish!!  There's no mistaking that.

So I'm taking a few weeks break.  I'll also be spring cleaning and organizing, which is greatly needed.  Last month I did an order for Paperblanks journals and got a free gift.  An organizer with dot paper.  Had no idea such a thing existed, and fell down the rabbit hole while researching.  It's for something called bullet journaling.  Oh my goodness, there are websites and YouTube channels dedicated to the topic.  The gifted journal is so cute!  It will get used.  Oh, but it's a little overwhelming, which probably defeats the purpose.  I'm going to use it for goal planning and other fun pages.  Literally the sky's the limit.

Have a nice few weeks,
The Creator's Playbook is still happening,
See you in May,
Sarah
 

No comments:

Post a Comment