Sunday, March 14, 2021

Can A Charging Cable Be Haunted?

Maybe I'm using the wrong word here, but it seems that the charging cable for my phone has become a "slippery object," which may be a better way of saying it.

I just got back from visiting GA/SC/NC, as my Mom and I were visiting a dear ol' friend from Porterville CA.  It was a wonderful trip where we got a little bit of everything: The German equivalent of Solvang, an Edwardian Mansion, Mountains, Lakes, Rivers, Beaches, and dessert in the basement of a 1771 home.

But there was something weird going on with my phone charger.  It kept going missing.  Usually it was pretty easy to find, but after driving from NC to GA, getting there late at night, I tiredly grabbed my belongings and went to bed.

That morning my charger was gone!!  A quick search through my carry-on yielded nothing.  A search through a large suitcase, which was locked for over 24 hours, again yielded nothing.  Then I went back to the carry-on, took everything out one by one, put everything back one by one, and was flustered.  The car was searched, again nothing.

Then in the evening, as I was getting ready for bed, I opened my carry-on and the charger was sitting right on top of my things.  No one went into the room I was staying in, as I mainly kept it locked, and no one besides myself touched the small luggage.  

It was just weird.

Any who, it seemed that charger didn't want to stay where I wanted it to stay.

And now I'm back at home, having taken my charger out after the flight to charge my phone, so it made it back to UT, and it's missing again.  I only keep it in two places, never anywhere else, and it's no where to be found.

Either I'm going senile in my young age, or a ghost is playing with me.

Unless I really am just getting forgetful and it will turn up in the most ridiculous of places. :\ The most likely scenario.  

Sarah

And I just looked under my bed.  It's not under my bed, nor in my load of laundry.  Guess it's good it didn't get washed.  Hmmm -_-;;

P.S. A few hours after writing this blog post I found the charger.  Sometimes, as is apt to happen, I was watching a round of Four in a Bed as I lay my head on an armrest, trying not to fall asleep.  I looked under the table, and there, just behind the table and couch against the wall, was the charger.  How did it get there?  My mind is blank.  Perhaps I carried it on something and it slipped off?  Strange mystery, just glad to have it back.  I'll be more careful with it in the future. :\


No comments:

Post a Comment