Thursday, February 18, 2021

Speaking to Silence

Every now and then I have an existential crises when it comes to this blog.  Should I keep it up?  Is this a waste of time?  On the blogger interface thingy they give rough statistics.  The views on this blog have gone down Drastically.  Hardly anyone reads this blog.  This month alone won't have half the views as last month.

This is all understandable.  The way people find information online has changed.  Blogs aren't popular anymore.  More people check out YouTube.  Also, I don't know if what I write is all that interesting.  Perhaps I talk too much about myself, and it might turn people off.  

Know this, I'm not ready to stop.  The latest statistics pop up on my blog when I log in, and I'm like taking it as a challenge!  I'm not going to quit.  I'm going to keep on writing even if these are simply words speaking to silence.  The fewer view counts aren't going to discourage me.  The podcast is going, by Summer I WILL get music going again, and I'm working on fiction.

I don't care about being World famous.  That's not how I view success.  It's all about the creative process.  Creating is a treasure hunt.  Chiseling stone to unveil the beauty underneath.  I'm going treasure hunting!!  I'm going to find those gems!!  And I know there will be rocks, too, but you gotta shift through the rocks to find that which glitters.

So if you're a real person reading this, thanks!!  It means the world to me.

But for now I'm Kermie sitting on that log playing the banjo.  I do hope to one day make millions of people happy, but for now I'm thrilled if I can bring even the tiniest bit of joy to whoever finds these musings, known and unknown.

Sarah


No comments:

Post a Comment