Tuesday, February 16, 2021

Dreaming of Someplace Warm

The majority of the United States is getting pummeled by snow and cold.  Up here in northern Utah it's a week full of snow storms with a tiny break on Thursday.  Next week it will be partly cloudy and in the 40's, so nice and toasty. :P

All this snow has me craving warmth.  It happens every Winter, and then in the Summer, when it's super hot, I think a little snow wouldn't be so bad.  :\

I've just been craving the beach so bad recently.  It wasn't until yesterday when I realized the last time I was at the beach was when I visited the Ring of Kerry in Ireland, May 2019!!!  That's the last time!!!!!!  And I visited California four times after that British Isles trip.  It just so happened that all four trips to Cali was to Disneyland.

On one of those Disney trips, July 2019, my Mom and Aunt decided to visit Newport Beach.  I could have gone with them but decided instead to stay at the Disney park and spend the day with my Dad running around California Adventure.  We did soooo much!  I got so soaked on Grizzly River Run I might as well jumped in a pool fully clothed.  That final geyser did me in.  It was so bad.  That was a good day.

But at that point my Mom and I booked a trip with Steven and Ty to do a Disney Cruise in the Caribbean for late February 2020, so I was planning on seeing the ocean then, then Steven lost his job in January, so we canceled the trip.  In hindsight my Mom and I regret the cancellation, but if we had gone we wouldn't have taken my two older nieces to Disneyland instead, and I'm glad we got to experience Disneyland in all its glory one last time before everything closed down.

This is the longest I've spent away from the beach.

I'm aching for the sound of the surf.

I close my eyes and imagine Cambria CA, walking along wooden paths.  That's my favorite place, my happy place, even more than Disneyland.  So many wonderful memories.  Thankfully my imagination is strong enough to whisk me away to those beautiful sights.  Every now and then I feel Cambria in my memories.  Hopefully I'll get to see the ocean again, sooner rather than later.

Sarah

 

No comments:

Post a Comment