Tuesday, March 10, 2020

You Can Always Tell What Costco is Baking!


Yesterday I went to Costco to get my glasses adjusted.  Now, there's something interesting about Costco, or at least the one I shop at.  While in the parking lot, on the opposite end where the bakery is, it always smells on the outside what is baking on the inside.  It's torture, really.  Sometimes the parking lot smells like bread.  Sometimes it smells like pie.  Yesterday after getting out of the car I was hit by the lovely scent of... chocolate chip cookies!!  And honestly it was pretty heavenly.

So entering Costco what did I find? A whole bunch of chocolate chip cookies all stacked up in tempting fashion.  My nose didn't fail! Also, I resisted the urge to get them.  But then I got cake!  And that's another story altogether.  Trying to do the whole one treat a week thing, probably not a good thing to have cake on a Monday, but it happened, ah well, tasty.

In other news Costco is still all out of toilet paper.  A truck came in yesterday morning with toilet paper, and apparently it was sold out in about ten to twenty minutes.  And we don't even have a toilet paper drought in Utah County.  Other stores are fine.

It's just Costco. (Edit, 03/12/2020), Walmart, now, as well)

Ironically the hand soap, positioned within eyesight of where the toilet paper is sold, is still fully stocked.  These Italian style hand soap bottles, for only $10, going on sale tomorrow, are the cutest and smell really good.  There's English on one side and French on the other.


 This isn't the cake I got, but since I routinely write about holiday stuff, it's pretty funny this Happy St. Patricks Day cake has a sell by 03/10/20.  Is cake good a week?  Dried out cake is never good.  But if anyone wants to celebrate the love of the Irish early, go for it.  That's awesome. 


So, I was going to Costco to get my glasses adjusted.  After 6 years I finally got new frames!  I liked those old frames so much I bought a second pair 4 years ago, having two of the same in slightly different prescriptions.  Somehow I went 4 years without getting my eyes checked, but while at Disneyland last month I accidentally scratched my lens with a zipper.

Scratched glasses are annoying.  Forced me to get my eyes checked.  Didn't even know it had been four years!!  Thought it had only been two!!

But, I got two brand new glasses this time, one with a blue-light filter, thing.  Don't know what it's called. It's 7 am, time change, not quite ready to think clearly.  But over the weekend I was finishing up a personal family history book project. 15 hours on Saturday, 12 on Sunday, 27 hours in total starring at a computer screen.  No headaches!  No migraines!  This could be life changing.

No comments:

Post a Comment