Saturday, March 7, 2020

Don't Be Ashamed of Hard Times


"Our most significant opportunities will be found in times of greatest difficulty." ~ Thomas S. Monson

and...

"When things go wrong, maybe we aren't failing--maybe we're learning." ~ Wendy Ulrich

Life is crazy.  So many things seem to be going crazy right now.  Emotions here and there.  So many thoughts. Ups and Downs.  Regardless of what's happening outside my control, there's quite a bit inside my control I feel I keep messing up.

Without getting into details, because there's a lot I'm working through, I've been learning a lot.  About myself.  Gained five pounds, but it's not affecting me like it has in the past.  Step by step, and finding confidence and acceptance is getting easier.  I'm on a quest, upwards.  I will get healthy.  I will get better at accomplishing goals.  but change is a process.  It hurts.  It's aggravating.  I want fast solutions, fast improvements, but true change requires patience, repetition, work.

"That which we persist in doing becomes easier, not that the task itself has become easier, but that our ability to perform it has improved." ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson

Don't give up.

No comments:

Post a Comment