Tuesday, December 10, 2019

Crepes with Cake in Harajuku, Tokyo Japan


When I went to Tokyo last April there were things I wanted to do this trip that didn't work out back in 2015.  There are so many great videos on YouTube and NHK World, and somewhere in the mix I learned about Harajuku crepes.  Delicious, overabundant morsels of goodness filled to the brim with cake, fruit, ice-cream, or whatever your heart desires.  There are so many crepe options while walking down Takeshita Street in Harajuku.  



On this trip I was with my Mom and brothers, and after walking through Takeshita Street both ways we settled on Sweet Box, though I'm sure the other stands would have been just as good.  I got a chocolate crepe with strawberries and it was so good.

My brother Steven loved it so much he got two crepes!!


Really, my bro was having a grand time.


And my Mom was having a blast, too. :0)


A few years ago I had crepes in France after visiting the Sacré-Coeur up on that hill where the artist paint.  Having crepes in France was a dream, but ultimately I was disappointed.  It was a little place, and maybe if I tried getting a crepe a second time it would have been good.  I was worried I would be disappointed with Harajuku crepes as well, as I've wanted to try them for years.  I was not disappointed!!  They're great and worth the venture and experience.


 Takeshita Street is a very short walk from Meiji shrine, another place worth visiting.  Really, between Harajuka and Shibuya, which are really close to each other, you can spend a day exploring these two areas.


 The entry to Takeshita Street.


 There are cat cafes everywhere, if you're into that sort of thing.  Two dollars for 10 minutes!  It's amusing, and I don't think I'd ever do it, but here it is.


 Just having a good time with my brothers.



 I wanted to try Wendy's once on the trip, just to see how it compares to the American version, but it didn't work out.


 We got Japanese food instead, which was pretty good.


Harajuku is definitely worth a visit if you find yourself in Tokyo Japan.

No comments:

Post a Comment