Tuesday, December 3, 2019

Disneyland at Christmastime


Going to Disneyland a couple weeks ago was super spontaneous.

My parents were gone on a few week trip, and when they got back my Mom declared she wasn't in the Christmas spirit and needed a Disney Christmas fix, and then she asked me if I wanted to leave the next day.  I looked at her in disbelief.
 
We got annual passes for the first time last Summer, just to try it out, and decided that once this year we wanted to do a spontaneous trip.  When I was a kid I would have what was called "Disneyland days."  Days where I wasn't at Disneyland, but felt the weather was perfect for Disneyland, wishing I was there.  I have a lot of Disneyland days still, wishing I could be at the park, though I'm a couple States away.
 
Having experienced Halloween at Disneyland last October, realizing it truly isn't one of my favorite Holiday's, and I didn't enjoy Halloween in the parks, I was wishing to see Disneyland at Christmas.  My Mom and I want to get full use of our passes.  They're expensive!!  And we've already decided we don't want to buy them again.  Feeling the need to use them and not waste money is burdensome, and living an 11 hour drive or so away is just a tad far.  Souvenirs and food inside the parks are getting more expensive as well.  We went the week before Thanksgiving.  There was rain in the forecast.  The hotel we stay at was at the lower price point with availability.  So we decided to go for it and left the next day.


 Christmastime at Disneyland is truly magical.

Christmas is a wonderful time to visit.  It's a Small World and Haunted Mansion have fun makeovers.  The decorations are beautiful.  A couple times a night there's "snow" on Main Street USA.  And once when I was in New Orleans Square listening to the jazz band playing on a raft on the Rivers of America, there was "snow" there, too, which was a cool surprise.

And I love seeing Small World decked out in lights.

It's such a nice time to be at the parks.













Photos by Sarah and Robin Stufflebeam

No comments:

Post a Comment