Wednesday, December 12, 2018

Congrats on Adulting, a Presumed Trophy for Millennials


I was at Target this afternoon and saw this trophy.  At first I wondered why Target was selling these, until I read what it said: "Congrats on Adulting".  Honestly I did laugh.  Then I rolled my eyes.  Then I laughed again.  A trophy for those who get participation awards, to go along with Monopoly for Millennials.

Growing up in the early 80's, and graduating High School class of 2000, I get lumped into the Millennial generation, though I still argue my age group falls into a micro-generation, lost in between X and Y.  The Xennial.  A little bit analog; a little bit digital.  I was a kid before the internet caught on and everyone had cell phones.  In a way I'm glad for it.  Technology is a help but a hindrance, and it's nice unplugging to get back to basics.

Even so, I'm still technically a Millennial, the generation that gets teased.  We're such easy targets.  But I don't take it personally.  I like a good laugh.

No comments:

Post a Comment