Saturday, December 8, 2018

Mickey Mouse Memories Come to a Close, and Disney Wisdom Gets Ready to Launch Next Year


This is the last month for Mickey Mouse Memories, a year long celebration the Disney Store did to celebrate Mickey for his 90th year.  Each month a different Mickey was sold with a decade theme.  I found out about this collection in May, just in time for the Mickey Mouse May 1950's atomic plush.  It's still my favorite.

The Mickey Mouse Memories set came with a plush, mug and pins, all sold separately.  I didn't collect any of the mugs, managed four plushes (May, October, November, and December), and seven pin sets (January, April, May, September, October, November, and December).

This morning I woke up around 1:30 am to get the plush and pins online.  The system was being super slow, spin-wheel of doom, but after 30 minutes the order went through.  Then I got to the mall by 7:00 am with my Mom and got a couple more plushes and pins, so this early morning purchase will be Christmas presents. 

As of this morning the plushes, pins, and mugs were still available.  And it wasn't too crazy at the mall.  Not too bad at all.

 



I love the quote on the bottom of Mickey's foot.

"It's kind of fun to do the impossible." ~ Walt Disney

Only the first and last Mickey in the series got Disney quotes on his foot.



 Really beautiful pins.


And we got a free gift!  Only available at the store.

Playing card sized cards with each of this years Mickey's.



 If you turn the cards over and put them together they show next years theme.


 Disney Wisdom.


Each month, on the third Saturday, there will be a plush, pin, mug, and journal.



 I'm interested in the pins and journal.


 Dumbo is pretty cute, don't know if I'll get him, but I'm interested in Mushu.




 June is the hardest quote to read.


There was speculation that 2019 would be Minnie Mouse, but I like the Disney Wisdom idea.  I won't be getting all of them, though I do want all the pins.

Pin collecting is my favorite.

1 comment:

  1. Nice blog... keep-up the good work.... May I share a blog about Tokyo Disneyland, Latin songs in https://stenote.blogspot.com/2018/09/tokyo-disneyland-latin-songs.html
    Watch also the video in youtube https://youtu.be/Z8OWKZUrT7A

    ReplyDelete