Wednesday, March 22, 2017

March 2017 J.K. Rowling's Wizarding World by LootCrate subscription box review


This is the third box in the new J.K. Rowling's Wizarding World by LootCrate, featuring 5-7 exclusive and officially licensed items in each box, delivering right to your front door the magic of the Wizarding World from Harry Potter to Fantastic Beasts and everything in between.
 
The subscription is bi-monthly, coming every other month, which means the next box will be delivered in May.  The cost is $34.99 per box plus $5 shipping.

This month is "Hogwarts House Pride"!!

Finally!

When you sign up for Lootcrate you choose a house.  For this box there was a Ravenclaw, Slytherin, Hufflepuff, and Gryffindor variation.  I got the Gryff box and I really like the design of the lion.  I feel bad for Ravenclaw!  Thanks to the movies they never catch a break.  Those who love the books will never get their blue/bronze colors with an eagle.  They would freak if they did, those nerds! :P  Both my sister-in-laws are Ravenclaw, and I made a blue/bronze scarf and gave one to Krista, who likes to wear the Ravenclaw sweater from time to time.  She loved the scarf and actually wore it around town.  For special events I love wearing the Gryffindor scarf I made.  You're not a true fan until you've made a scarf.

Oh, and another thing, Lootcrate gives elusive box items in their subscription boxes, and this month all five items are exclusives, which is really cool.  No Funko Pop!  Ha!


 Hogwarts Raglan T-Shirt

I LOVE this shirt!  Seriously, I do.  I'm wearing it now and I don't plan on taking it off.  I love the soft muted colors and the overall design of each house.


 Sorting Hat Pin

This is a small and simple pin, but I like the texture.  For fun I do virtual races for charity and get medals, and I like to put pins on them.  One pin = 50 miles walked/ran on the medal ribbon.  I have Hogwarts medals thanks to the Hogwarts Running Club, so I'm going to walk an extra 50 miles and put this on one of them.


Hogwarts Express Lanyard

Because you never know when you're going to ride the Hogwarts express or visit a theme park.  I love the metal Hogwarts crest, and I even have a ticket to ride the train to Hogwarts.  How cool is that?


Hogwarts House Duffle Bag

This is smaller than I thought it would be, but it's the perfect size for dance class.  If you go to the gym this would be a good gym bag.  Just the right size for my ghillies, ballet shoes for when I want to preserve my ghillies (not cheap), couple extra knee high socks, towel and water bottle.


Hogwarts House Beanie

So cool.  Love the style.


"Gryffindor" is wrapped all the way around.

It's getting warmer now, so this will wait till next Fall, but I like it.




Here's the information that came with the box.

So there you have it!  Hogwarts House Pride, Gryffindor style.

Next month's theme is Dark Magic.  I wasn't going to get the box, I need to save my money, but May is my birthday month, and I'm curious.  This is a good birthday present to myself, right?  Ah!  From some hints and spoilers I think there's going to be a Percival Graves item in it, hmmm, we'll see.

No comments:

Post a Comment