Monday, November 21, 2016

J.K. Rowling's Wizarding World by LootCrate subscription box review


This is the first box in the new J.K. Rowling's Wizarding World by LootCrate, featuring 5-7 exclusive and officially licensed items in each box, delivering right to your front door the magic of the Wizarding World from Harry Potter to Fantastic Beasts and everything in between.

The subscription is bi-monthly, coming every other month, which means the next box will be delivered in January.  The cost is $34.99 per box, plus $5 in shipping.  You can save $3 with a six month subscription and $12 with a year subscription.

When you first sign up for the box you select your gender and shirt size, and then what Hogwarts house you sort yourself into in case there are house specific items (Gryffindor, Ravenclaw, Hufflepuff, and Slytherin).  Unfortunately I didn't get any Gryffindor loot in this box--I'm looking at you January--as everything in this box ties into the new Fantastic Beasts movie which was released to theaters last Friday.

(BTW, the next box is open for new subscriptions.  This box pictured in this review sold out within the first week of going on sale.)

I opted for the box to box subscription, as I wasn't sure if I'd like it.  After receiving this box it's a huge winner!  The spoiler pictures I saw online over the weekend didn't do the box justice.



 Fantastic Beasts T-Shirt

Each LootCrate seems to always include an exclusive t-shirt, and this shirt shows the first page in The New York Ghost newspaper, which is featured in the movie.  Also, this shirt is unisex, so they didn't send a fitted women version.  It's a fun shirt, and I like being able to read all the headlines.  I wish I could read all the printed text!  That would be cool.




 Pop! Figure Assortment, Niffler.

Each box comes with a Pop! figure with a random chance of receiving either Newt Scamander, Tina Goldstein, the Niffler, Albus Dumbledore or Jacob Kowalski.  I got the Niffler!  A new creature who is a bit of a thief, not to give too much away.  He's an enduring beast.


 Pigwidgeon Plush

Ron Weasley's owl!  And he's super soft.  I'll be keeping him on my reading chair.


 Bowtruckle Pin

When I first saw the spoilers for this box I couldn't make this pin out.  At first I thought it was simply a green creature hanging out in a pot.  It's really a Bowtruckle Pickett hanging out in Newt's front pocket.  The creature itself, as seen in the movie, is cute.  I'm not sure what I think of the pin, and I'm obsessed with pin trading.  (I've got a nice Disney parks pin collection, not to mention all my Odyssey of the Mind pins.)


 Hedwig/Letter Keychain

This keychain has some serious weight and is quite sturdy!  It also has a faux leather tassel, which is apparently in fashion right now.  (tassels were on everything last Summer.)  I like this keychain, and I'll be hanging it off my backpack, ol' school style.


 MACUSA Notwbook

My favorite item in the box.

A notebook featuring the Magical Congress of the United States emblem.




 It's seriously nice, though I wish the pages were lined, but I'll still use it as a journal.


 And the scroll we received details each item in the box.





The January box is currently on sale, if you like what you see here and would like to give this LootCrate subscription a try.

No comments:

Post a Comment