Monday, December 16, 2013

December's 2013 POPSUGAR Must Have Box Review


It feels like I'm one of the last ones to get the December box this month!  The previous two months I was one of the first.  Snow and Holiday package season.  I'll blame that.  I didn't get this box until last Saturday, over a week after many others got theirs.

POPSUGAR is a monthly subscription lifestyle box for gals.  The cost is $39.95 a month, free shipping, but it's cheaper when you subscribe with a 3, 6, or 12 months subscription.

On any month you can receive goodies for home, a book, fitness, snack, makeup, pampering, fashion, etc.  You never know what you're going to get, only that it will be fun and worth around $100, give or take a little.

You can subscribe here.


 The overall contents of the December box.


Ghirardelli Limited Edition Holiday Chocolate Squares, valued around $5, and Ghirardelli Milk and Caramel Squares, valued at $4.25.  Chocolate!!!  I wanted chocolate in this box, and I got it.  Normally I wouldn't buy the Holiday variety pack, though I saw it at Target the other day, but it was fun trying out the flavors.  Pumpkin Spice Caramel is tasty, and the Peppermint Bark is out of this World.  So good.

Milk & Caramel SQUARES Stand Up Bag
Milk & Caramel SQUARES Stand Up Ba

 CC Made Classic Caramel Corn, valued at $4.  I haven't tried this yet, saving it for later, but it looks really good.  I love a good caramel corn.  



 Govino Go Anywhere Flutes, valued at $12.95.  I'm not too crazy about this item, mainly because I don't drink.  Martinelli on Christmas Eve/New Years?  The plastic is super, super thin.  I've drunk from bottled water with thicker plastic.  They're hand wash only for a reason.


 ModelCo Fibre LashXTend Mascara, valued at $20. Mascara is one of those beauty products you can never have too many, because, unlike foundation or blush, once you start using mascara you have 3-5 months, depending on who you talk to, before you have to throw it away.    


MIXT Studio Wrapping Paper, valued at $9.00.  It's cute, on newsprint like paper, and I love the twine.  I'm making scrapbooks for Christmas, and this paper is too small.  I know some people got this Popsugar box to gift, and they were unhappy this product was in the box, because opening a gift on Christmas day, with Christmas wrapping paper inside, is kinda weird.  And Popsugar really pushed gifting this box last month.


 NCLA Designer Nail Wraps, valued at $16.  I've been wanting to try nail wraps for a longtime, but haven't brought myself to try them yet.  Plus this set, called Peppermint Lane, is an online exclusive.  I'm always so messy when I paint my nails!!


 I messed up a little when trying them out, but the results are pretty good.  Not quite sure how I feel about them.  I had a hard time pulling the nail wraps off the sheet with the paper part sticking, and then having to try and pull the paper off the sticky part.  We'll see how long they last.  They survived the shower this morning, and my nails look Christmas festive.  It's fun trying something new.

And now for my FAVORITE item in the box!!!!!!


 Lulu Frost for Popsugar Bracelet, valued at $110.  I've never heard of Lulu Frost before, but they're super tres chic and high end.  A really cute, but simple Morse Code beaded bracelet is $72.  I'm a HAM, Morse code on jewelry is just plain awesome.

This bracelet was made exclusively for Popsugar, which is really cool.

From the website:

"Created exclusively with POPSUGAR, this delicate bracelet is a go-to holiday accessory. Featured in the POPSUGAR Must Have box it makes for a perfect gift.

Brass chain, silvertone plated zinc, glass stones.

Measures 6" length with 1" chain extension."

I love it.  The chain is very Steampunk, and the charm is very Art Deco.  I'm really into both right now, so the combo is fun.  Plus I just think this bracelet is really classy.


 The overall value of the box is around $181.20.  But then value comes from personal perception, and I feel I got my money's worth out of the box.  Some really nice items and . . . chocolate!

No comments:

Post a Comment