Friday, December 13, 2013

New USA Harry Potter Forever Stamps 2013


Last week I noticed on the USPS, United States Postal Service, website that the USA issued on November 19, 2013 a new Harry Potter booklet with 20 different stamps spanning all seven films.  Being the stamp collector/Postrossing lover I am, I had to buy them . . . three booklets worth.  One booklet to keep unused for my collection, and the other two for postcards.

One booklet is priced at $9.20, the cost of 20 Forever stamps.

I absolutely love the design and layout of these stamps!






 The back side of the booklet.



 With stamps I really love, I like to get a First Day of Issue canceled envelope.  Usually when you by them you have to get all 20, or whatever is in that set, but I can't afford the $32 price tag.  I always get the DCP covers, Digital Color Postmarks, instead of the black and white cancellations, because I love the designs and art of the colored postmarks.  They're more interesting to look at.

Luckily there is a set where you can buy a single booklet with a randomly placed DCP first day of issue envelope for $10.95.  I couldn't resist.  I'm so lucky to have gotten Ginny Weasley.

I bought my stamps off the USPS website because, with the Holidays, I didn't want to stand in line, and the local post office has a habit of running out of the good/popular forever stamps.  I didn't want to take a chance.

I hope the USPS continues to do more stamp booklets like this with fun themes.



1 comment: