Thursday, August 11, 2022

I Can't Sing This Song Without Crying!!

So I'm pouring over old memories.  Been working on a family project for the last six hours, and I just realized that I haven't sung in public since my Grandma Stuff's funeral... back in 2017.  And the last time before that I was in my 20's. :\ Yeah, it's been while.

But the song I sang at my Grandma's funeral was "How Does a Moment Last Forever," from the live action Beauty and the Beast. Found a piano cover and sang along with it during the service... and I barely got through it!

Even now, I haven't sang it in years and gave it a try, pulled the song up with lyrics on another webpage... and I can't sing through it without stopping.  The song it just so beautiful.  

I mean... these words!!:

"Maybe some moments weren't so perfect
Maybe some memories not so sweet
But we have to know some bad times
Or our lives are incomplete
Then when the shadows overtake us
Just when we feel all hope is gone
We'll hear our song and know once more
Our love lives on"

This song really is beautiful, and if you're able to sing along with it without breaking down a little, you are a super hero!! For reals, though. Not lying.  

Sarah

P.S. Dang! Spotify is in automatic mode right now, playing it's own thing song after song... and Lionel Richie's "Ballerina Girl" just came on! Ah! This was one of my most favorite songs as a kid. <3

P.P.S The English language is so frustrating. I really don't understand it most days. Right now I'm confusing Sing, Song, Sang, and Sung... and I'm like... whatever... (the English language. -_-;;)


No comments:

Post a Comment