Friday, August 27, 2021

Don't Lose You Light

 "This, me dear, is the greatest challenge of being alive: To witness the injustice of this world, and not allow it to consume our light." ~ Unknown

What can I say?

So much happening.  

So much is troubling.

Yesterday while going back and forth between news sources I found myself in shock, silent screaming, crying, gut wrenched.  The experiences coming from the fleeing of a certain country so horrible, heartbreaking.  I don't know how much mainstream media is sharing, so I don't know how much is known, ohh, it's bad.  Do I repeat any of it here?   I won't.

What's frustrating is how preventable much if this was.

But the point of this post is simply... how do I say this?  I don't know if I have the words.  

I'm in a dark place right now.  I hate feeling like I can't do anything.  But even with everything that's happened, and will happen, the world is going to get crazier and crazier. 

We're in a world that wants to steal our light.  Don't let it.  We're here because we have the strength to be here.  Being witnesses to this time is not an accident.  We're not here by chance.  More crazy things is going to happen.  More heartbreaking things will squeeze our hearts.  But no matter what do not lose your light.  Do not lose you.

Sarah


No comments:

Post a Comment