Wednesday, January 27, 2021

Apparently I Don't Know What Fruit Is...

So....

I was watching this show last weekend where these potters were asked to create a bowl of ceramic fruit, and this one gal did a bowl of squash including zucchini.  And then I was like... zucchini is a fruit!!!????

It is. :\

And after a little research I'm questioning everything and feeling a little silly.  It does make sense.  Zucchini's have seeds and grow from flowers.  Thanks to cooking shows I've seen zucchini flowers being battered and deep fried, so how is it I've never made the fruit connection?

There's an article by Business Insider entitled 14 Vegetables That Are Actually Fruit, and it's a little mind blowing.

We all know tomatoes are fruit.  It's kind of a joke kids tell each other, or they did when I was younger.  But peppers, pumpkins, and sting beans are some of the other masquerading fruit mentioned.  Avocado's are single-seed berries. 

The food pyramid was already confusing with all the conflicting health information in the world, and this just makes it a little more confusing.  Heh, or maybe I should have paid better attention in school. :P

Sarah


No comments:

Post a Comment