Wednesday, September 23, 2020

101 Day No Sugary Treat Challenge

Heh, I'm serious about this.  I'm really doing it.  101 days of no sugary sweets and treats.  I'm already 2 days down.  Two whole days.  That's a lot.  I've just got 99 more days to go...

And now my life has turned into "99 bottles of beer on the wall, 99 bottles of..." 

Why 101 days?  It's just a good solid number.  Just over 3 months, which I've done before, so this time I want to go just a little bit further.  It also takes me through December 31st, which is my last day.  New Years Day I go to one treat a week.

Along with this I'm walking 5 miles a day.  Last Monday I walked 6 miles, yesterday I walked 5 miles, and it really does help me mentally.  I keep wanting to throw in strength training, which is important, but at the moment this is enough, though ... I'll most likely incorporate a program soon.

This year has been a process of changing my brain.  Finding what works and what doesn't.  Making myself mentally stronger.  Changing my viewpoint.  I'm much stronger now then I was a few months back.

I'm nervous of failing, but I already passed my first trial of temptation, and on day one, too.  Heh, only a couple days ago.  We took my Grandma to Dairy Queen, because it's her favorite, and I REALLY wanted to try the caramel apple pie shake.  I had the pumpkin pie shake a week back, and it was dang good.  Ahh!  But I passed.  I didn't cave!  Though, admittedly, I was a little sad for a few minutes while everyone in the car ate their treats.

Once we get to the holidays I'm going to struggle.  But one day at a time.  Spirit over body.  Focus on how I feel, and how I don't always like how I feel when I eat sugar.  I'm developing inner strength.  Mental fortitude.  I'm getting healthy and overcoming cravings and desires.  But really, I'm going to accomplish something that for me is really, really difficult, and I'll come out stronger on the other side.


No comments:

Post a Comment