Wednesday, March 14, 2018

The Ups and Downs with New Years Resolutions


"To live greatly, we must develop the capacity to face trouble with courage, disappointment with cheerfulness, and triumph with humility." ~ Thomas S. Monson

How are you guys doing with your New Years resolutions?

There are some I'm doing okay on and some I'm not.

But that's okay.

Sometimes I feel like I bite off more than I can chew, as the saying goes.  Setting myself up for failure.  But I think goals are important, regardless.  We need to aim for something and keep trying when we fall.

Writing a poem each week is something I've definitely faltered on, so I'm reevaluating that.  Overall I want to increase my writing in multiple writing fields, maybe even get myself published professionally.  That would be amazing.

I've already reached some of my walking goals.  With the Hogwarts Running Club they have the base six medals and a challenge medal at the end of the year that can represent any miles you wish.  Quidditch was a big theme last year, and a year ago this March they did an in house Quidditch match where I walked 60 miles in a week for the Gryffindors.  For the 2017 Challenge medal, in the shape of Quidditch goal hoops, I wanted to repeat this success.  At the end of January I did it, walked 60 miles in a weeks time.  Exhausting!  But all that walking does feel good.


And I'm over 100 miles for my 1000 miles goal, and have lost 6 1/2 pounds since the start of the year.  Not a huge weight loss, but it's something, and I'm refocusing my goals.  I need to get back to walking; I've slacked this last month. 

So don't give up!  Keep trying!

Everyday is a good day to start a new resolution, New Years or not.

No comments:

Post a Comment