Thursday, August 3, 2017

Exploring Disney's Hollywood Studios


June 11th, 2016

Disney's Hollywood Studios was a mixture of old and new experiences, and with those old experiences there were new twists.  The first ride we went on was Star Tours where we got a new variation from Star Wars: The Force Awakens.

Then we checked out Indiana Jones: Epic Stunt Spectacular, which was so much fun!  Part Indiana Jones; Part behind the scenes stunt show.

The Great Movie Ride is a trip down classic movies past with interaction from the ride host, Jungle Cruise style, though without the jokes, and a gangster who takes over halfway though the ride.  

Beauty and the Beast-Live on Stage was interesting.  Wasn't a fan.

Twilight Zone Tower of Terror was such a surprise when the ride car moved forward into dropping position.  I screamed so loudly I thought I was going to lose my voice!  We loved this ride so much we went twice in a row!!  Wonder how long the original version will remain; it's nice that it's still available.

Fantasmic was in a large amphitheater, which was nice, because there was seating.  It was fun seeing the differences between the two versions, though I ultimately prefer the Disneyland version.  (I have no idea when I'll get the chance to see Disneyland's updated Fantasmic, but I watched it on YouTube, and it looks really good.)  Gotta say, Steamboat Willie at the end of Florida's Fantasmic is underwhelming compared to the Mark Twain, which is a fitting conclusion.

Disney's Hollywood Studios was my least favorite of the 4 parks.

I didn't get to ride Rock 'n' Roller Coaster, which is apparently really fun.  The line was long.  This park feels really small compared to the other parks.  Apparently it was bigger before the renovations started, with a cool New York section, which someone was telling me about.  When Star Wars Land and Toy Story Land open hopefully Disney's Hollywood Studios will be worth a revisit.

And that immersive Star Wars hotel that's been announced sounds beyond epic, and expensive.  Austenland, Star Wars style.  Man, it would be a cool experience.

















No comments:

Post a Comment