Sunday, June 25, 2017

For All My Friends Who've Ever Wondered . . . My Natural Hair Color!

(Junior year of High School)

I've had quite a few friends ask me what my natural hair color is when they find out my hair is colored.  A lot of people don't even know I color my hair.  Though when I'm asked what my natural hair color is I never know quite how to respond.  Strawberry blonde? Dark Blonde? Chestnut brown?

I started coloring my hair my Senior year of High School, second semester.

I needed a change.


I was born a Strawberry blonde, but my hair kept getting darker.


 I've always felt like a red head,  or maybe it's technically ginger.  Is strawberry blonde considered gingers in the UK?  Ah, don't matter.  I've always wished my hair didn't darken.  Most of my favorite characters have red hair: Mara Jade, Little Mermaid, Lily Potter, and a whole lot of characters I've just forgotten.

But alas!  My hair did go dark.  Back in 2008 I decided to match my hair to its roots.

The hair stylist said my hair was a chestnut brown.  My Grandma, who I asked on a separate occasion and did hair for decades, also said my roots look chestnut brown.  I was just tired of coloring my hair every month or two.  It's kinda annoying.  But, heh, I got my first white hair at 24, and I soon discovered a lot of random strands had gone white.  So, realizing I'm going to have to color my hair regardless, why not be what I want to be?


 Though I have decided that if I go full white by 45 I'll embrace it.

All white hair is really cool.

No comments:

Post a Comment