Sunday, August 7, 2016

The Daily Battles We Face


"God doesn't care nearly as much about where you have been as He does about where you are and, with His help, where you are willing to go."

~ Jeffrey R. Holland

Sometimes I feel a little repetitive on my blog, talking about the same type of things over and over.  Really, it's a reflection of what I keep battling, and honestly many of these things will be a lifetime battle.

Everyday will be a battle for what I could have done better verses what I didn't accomplish.  Things I should have said and done verses what I shouldn't have said and done.  Would it be easier to just stop caring?  Stop trying?  Just live in the moment and don't take future consequences into account?  Sure, in the sort term I might feel better, might, but my conscience would come and get the better of me and then I would be caught back in the battle.  Conscience isn't quite the right word.  The Spirit would touch upon my conscience and then I would want to keep trying to be better.

Honestly, living a life ignorant of consequence would make me miserable. 

We all have different battles, different trials, different heartaches.

And some days are better than others.

But I'm glad that God is able, and willing, to forgive our trespasses and sins.  And I believe with God all things, if it be his will, are possible, and if I cling unto him, exercising pure faith in him, I can become and accomplish far more than I ever could by my self.

No comments:

Post a Comment