Sunday, July 24, 2016

Astrology, Our Fate, Our Choice


I don't believe in astrology.  My Grandpa R. does, and he's been particularly obsessed with it as of late, which is why it's been on my mind.  My Dad takes him weekly to a lodge in the mountains, and there my Grandpa gives these waitresses at the restaurant their astrology predictions.

For me astrology is amusing, but that's it.  Nothing more.  Something to laugh and moan over.  Mock at the predictability or randomness, knowing full well that everyone born on my birthday isn't just like me and not doomed to the same written fate.

We have the power to steer our own ship.  No amount of power from the stars is strong enough to change the wind in our sails, though you have to be careful not to get trapped in ocean currents.  Currents can be powerful and overwhelming, and it's easy to get stuck and not realize you're still moving forward willingly or unwillingly.  Time moves whether we wish it to or not.

Steer your ship, don't let it steer you.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment