Wednesday, June 15, 2016

I'm Back From Orlando! Visiting 4 Disney Parks in 8 Months


I've been back a couple days now.  Flew back Monday morning, June 13th, at 6:15 am after pulling a 2nd all-nighter in one week.  The first all-nighter was between June 6th and 7th, in which the flight to Orlando left at 11:55pm on Monday, the red eye.  I wanted to take a nap that day in preparation, but didn't find time.  And then I tried to sleep on the plane, but there was so much turbulence I couldn't.  I even listened to Gregorian chants!  That didn't give my the zzz's.  It was that night Tropical Storm Colin made landfall, and we landed during lightening and heavy turbulence.  Seeing lightning in the clouds, dancing at eye level, was both majestic and terrifying. By the time I made it to bed on the 7th, after spending an eventful day at the Magic Kingdom, I had been awake for 38 hours, braking my 36 hr. record during my Sophomore year of High School.  I was up for 29 hours between the 12th and 13th.

To say the least I'm still recuperating.  I can't pull all-nighters like I did back in college, and I just managed two in one week.  But it was sure worth it!!

I went on this trip with just my Mom, and during those 6 days I visited the Magic Kingdom twice, Epcot twice, and both Animal Kingdom and Disney Hollywood Studios once.

And all of this after visiting Tokyo Disney Sea last October, Disneyland last November, and Disneyland Paris last April.  That's 4 Disney parks in 8 months.  A childhood dream I never thought I could accomplish.  If by some miracle I could visit the Disney parks in Hong Kong and China before October I would have visited all Disney parks in one year.  That's not happening, but it would be cool.

And about the Orlando shooting Sunday morning, I was greatly saddened when I heard about it after waking, as everyone has been saddened about it, and are still sad.  I'm praying for all those affected and pray they can find peace.

It was interesting visiting the Magic Kingdom that day.  Security sent more people through the metal detectors then normal.  And I saw more security during the parades.  Overall I felt quite safe.  I've since heard that the shooter was scouting Disney Spring (Downtown Disney) as a possible target last April, which is right next to the Holiday Inn I was staying in; my hotel room had a nice view over the area.

But now I'm back home.  And my year of crazy travel has come to an end.  Back to work and all the wonderful Talea projects I've got lined up.

No comments:

Post a Comment