Thursday, June 25, 2015

Jurassic World, Mini Movie Review


Rating: 3.5 out of 5 stars

I remember when Jurassic Park came to the movie theaters.  I was a kid, 11 to be exact, and I was excited to see realistic looking dinosaurs on screen.  (The Land Before Time came out 5 years earlier, so I was going through a dinosaur phase.)  That movie was thrilling.  It was scary.  And I was sure glad dinosaurs, the T-Rex especially, was extinct.

Fast forward 22 years and the dinosaur theme park is in full swing.  Jurassic World.  Complete with a petting zoo.  Over 20,000 people a day visit to see these wonders.  But the only way to keep the guests coming is to create new, scarier, meaner, bigger teeth, etc, etc, etc (and at this point I'm thinking "Didn't you learn from the T-Rex?") in order to keep the crowds excited.  Because dinosaurs are now commonplace.  And the science experiment lab has cooked up quite the dinosaur, but only the scientist know what this dinosaur is a hybrid of.  Soon enough, as plot would have it, the dinosaur escapes and craziness spreads.

My thoughts?  This is a fun movie.  Bright.  Sparkly.  Exciting.  Popcorn worthy.

It's also predictable and a little cheesy.

With magic high heel shoes that would make the Wicked Witch of the West jealous.

Want to know what made the movie experience for me?  D-Box!!!  I tried it for the first time.  Moving chairs that syncs with the movie.  I experienced a ride within a ride and it was pretty awesome.

If you're in the mood for big box office flair, or love the original Jurassic Park flick, I recommend Jurassic World.

MPAA:  Rated PG-13 for intense sequences of science-fiction violence and peril.

No comments:

Post a Comment