Thursday, May 21, 2015

Day 2: Odyssey of the Mind World Finals 2015

What a day!

I'm sitting here at the hotel room desk, contemplating whether I should write this blog post or not.  I'm so tired, a good tired, as I look at the clock and read 10:32 PM.

Today was the first day of judging and we've already seen so many fun, creative teams.  Two more days to go!  I don't want time to fly so fast.

After judging I went on a quest: trade all the rest of the pins I bought.  In total I brought 14 UT pin sets.  Last year I didn't bring enough.  This year I brought too many!

In the hotel elevator I met an official from British Columbia, and after I saw her pin (so beautiful!) and she saw mine, we quickly got off the elevator to do a quick trade.

And after some nurishment I wandered back to campus to find trading spots.  The stadium outside the flag/parade ceremony was a bust.  A group of people from Iowa led my friend and I to a dorm, which was a bust because it had already been infatuated by Utah.  Then after a pleasant walk with some kids to the International Center (in which I did a quick trade with one of them), we beheld all the rows of pin towels covering the grass and on tables, kids scurrying from one pin collection to the next.

After a bit of time I walked away with only one single, solitary UT pin.

And for that I am happy and thrilled for my little stash.

Now I must head to bed.  Tomorrow is a long day, and I can use all the sleep I can get!!

Goodnight :0)

No comments:

Post a Comment