Wednesday, April 17, 2013

Odyssey of the Mind Utah State Comp. 2013


 Last weekend was the Utah Odyssey of the Mind State competition, and I had the fun pleasure of being one of the judges, which is something I've wanted to do since leaving High School in 2000.  The program is growing again here in Utah!  I heard last year there was 11 or 12 teams competing, and this year there was about 40.  Next year it's going to grow even more :0)


Each year every State and Country creates a trading pin.  I've heard this is quite the big deal at World's.  These are Utah's 2013 pins, which I've got to say 
are pretty awesome!

I found a really cool webpage that has all the Odyssey of the Mind pins 1989-2012 if you want to check them out.  You can view by State, Country and year.


Above is the "crazy hat" I wore as a judge. Flying pig duck tape on a cap with foam wings.  I actually didn't know this was a tradition!  I do remember at the CA State comp. back when, there was a judge wearing a Mad Hatter hat, and he belly laughed in all the right places.  It was the greatest thing ever!

1 comment:

  1. Hi Sarah, Thanks for serving as a judge and for your enthusiastic support of Odyssey of the Mind. We are parents going through it for the first time, fortunate enough that our three kids (and their four teammates) won the Div. 1 Vehicles competition and we're headed to Lansing, MI for World Finals. We're in serious fundraising mode though, because four weeks is hardly enough time to scrape together the $$ it's going to cost us. I just wanted to pass along our fundraising page, and encourage you to share with your friends, family and social media network. We welcome EVERY donation, little and big. We'll track down a California pin for you if you donate!! :) http://www.gofundme.com/2n7cwk

    Thanks,
    Steve, Teri, Lucca, Declan and Sophie Pastorino
    Salt Lake City, UT

    ReplyDelete