Thursday, October 4, 2018

A Leaky Situation


 A couple nights ago we started getting the remnants of tropical storm Rosa.

The storm was pretty epic the first night.  Huge downpour.  Lightning every millisecond.  Gusts of wind.  It was hypnotizing and exciting . . . until I remembered the sun-room.  The people who built the sun-room left aspects of the ceiling undone, and we've been dealing with leaks ever since.  A drizzle of rain is fine.  A downpour means buckets of water pouring through seams in the ceiling.

I ran into the sun-room that first night, and sure enough the carpet was wet and there were several leaks.  I ran to grab every bowl I could and laid them about.  The next day I thought it would be good to lay out a plastic tablecloth, but couldn't find them.  Luckily my brother Michael brought over a tarp. (I really have the best brothers).

Then last night it rained some more, and new leaks appeared creating more problems.  So this morning I went to the store to buy more tarp and a protective sheet for the table.  My Dad picked up some caulking sealing stuff, and in a few minutes we're going to at least seal the inside.  The top of the roof is too wet from rain.

The ongoing saga of the leaky sun-room.  Hopefully one of these days we'll get it sealed right and finally figure out where the water keeps coming in.  

No comments:

Post a Comment