Friday, December 22, 2017

November 2017 J.K. Rowling's Wizarding World by LootCrate subscription box review


This is the November J.K. Rowling's Wizarding World by LootCrate, which is a month late due to an item that got delayed at the factory.  This box features 5-7 exclusive and officially licensed items.
 
This subscription is bi-monthly, coming every other month.  At the outset of the box the cost was $34.99 per box plus $5 shipping.  Now it's $37.99 with $7 shipping and handling.  We got an email earlier this month that shipping was increasing by $2, hence the $7.  So now, if you get the "box to box" plan, the total cost is $44.99.  I've already paid for the January box, but I don't know if I'll get more than that.

This months theme: Secrets of the Wizarding World.



 Ariana Dumbledore Secret Compartment Picture Frame

This is a picture shadowbox.  I love that the picture of Ariana can be switched out. There's a magnet that keeps the box closed, and a back hook thing if you want to hang it.  There are hooks on the inside that aren't too difficult to unscrew.  The inside picture is the Room of Requirements.  Cool touch. Very innovative item.




 Blind Pig Coasters

These coasters are a hard cardboard, double sided, based on Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them.  I loved this image from The Blind Pig speakeasy in NYC.  One of my favorite art images from the movie.  The coasters are nice, I'll use them, very fun.


 I Am Lord Voldemort Magnet Set

My least favorite item in the box.  I'm not even going to open it, just see if I can find a family or friend who would like it.  What is seen are the only magnets in the package.


 12 Grimmauld Place Collapsible Tote

On the inside of the pouch is a collapsible tote bag, and when opened up the pouch becomes a front pocket.  Really cool item, and I love the design.  Definitely fits the secrets theme.



 Glow-in-The-Dark Marauders Tee

This is a really cool T-shirt!  I couldn't get a good picture of the glow in the dark aspect, but it's a lovely drawing of Moony, Padfoot, and Prongs.  The tree itself is the Whomping Willow.


 Helga Hufflepuff's Cup Pin

The latest pin in the Horcrux series.  Since I haven't been getting all the boxes, I don't have all the pins, but I do like this Hufflepuff cup pin.




You can reverse the box to make the Marauders Map!  Really cool if you want to use it as a storage box instead of throwing it in the recycling bin.

The price for the box is starting to get steep, but I do like how innovative and different all the items in this box are.  And all the items are exclusive to this box!  You can't buy them anywhere else.  So if you want unique Harry Potter merch, this box is a good choice.

No comments:

Post a Comment