Monday, December 5, 2016

Craving Disneyland McDonald Fries


Hmmm . . . McDonald Fries.

They're addictive.

Unhealthy.

And Oh. So. Good.

But nothing will live up to the memory of McDonald Disneyland fries.

From 1998 to 2008 Disneyland and McDonald's had a deal that involved McDonald products sold in the theme parks and Disney toys sold in Happy meals.  When 2008 came to an end this deal was not renewed, much to the relief of some who didn't like the golden arches destroying the Disney magic.  For me, I miss the fry wagon next to Big Thunder Mountain Railroad.

In that decade I looked forward to grabbing a somewhat affordable snack while visiting the parks. There was something bewitching in the taste of those fries.  I don't know what it was, but they were just so good!  Was it the heat?  The freshness?  Did they change the oil more regularly?  Or were there some addictive chemicals added to make me want more?  I don't know.  But here in the real world, whenever I do grab McDonald fries, they are never the same.

Every now and then, as in once in a blue moon, the fries will be amazing while partaking in a fast food run.  For a moment I'm taken back to Frontierland.  The memory of those fries are so ingrained in my mind that when I do get fantastic MacDonald fries my first explanation is, "These are Disneyland fries!" In which I chow down in happy silence.

Maybe it's a good thing Mickey D fries will never live up to the Disney memory!!

Heh, I don't need the addiction.

No comments:

Post a Comment