Friday, August 7, 2015

Mission: Impossible - Rogue Nation, Mini Movie Review


Movie Rating: 5 out of 5 Stars

Wow, wow, wow.

I LOVE Mission: Impossible - Rogue Nation, the 5th Mission Impossible movie in the series.  My family loves it.  I've seen it twice and can easily see it again.  My Grandfather has seen it three times and is ready to see it a forth, which he requested yesterday.

Ethan Hunt, played by , is an IMF agent trying to prove the Syndicate's existence, an expert shadow terrorist organization.  Ethan is close, but is quickly foiled when Europe is compromised and he's captured.  I know this isn't a thorough plot teaser, but the less you know, the better your movie viewing experience will be.

Mission: Impossible - Rogue Nation is a beautiful balance between crescendo and diminuendo.  Humor and tenseness.  Build up and release.  The opening sequence is just brilliant.  I'm laughing and enjoying, freaked out at the suspense, and wondering, "This is how you start a movie?!  Throw in a fantastic action sequence at the get go?  How do you follow up?"  But follow up they do.  Each moment of suspense unique to its situation.

Really, this is a well balanced movie with tight plot and great cast.  , , , and all have great chemistry together.  New to the series as Ilsa Faust is a great addition.  She's such a strong, interesting character, and easily Ethan's match in every way.

This is the great Summer flick I've been waiting for.  My favorite movie of the year.

When is Mission Impossible 6 coming out?  I'm ready.

Rated PG-13 for sequences of action and violence, and brief partial nudity.

Check Parent Guide and movie content here. 

No comments:

Post a Comment