Thursday, August 9, 2012

Men in Black 3 Movie Review


Rating: 4 Stars out of 5.

Did I just give Men in Black III the same rating I gave The Dark Knight Rises?  Yes, yes I did.  Why?  Because I had a rollicking good time.

The movie starts out with Boris the Animal, a big time galactic criminal who has been imprisoned on our Moon.  It's a good place to hold a bad dude who's obsessed with destroying our planet, right?  Impossible place to excape from . . . until now.  He escapes and is out for revenge (enter important plot point.)

Cut to established characters Agent J and Agent K (Will Smith and Tommy Lee Jones, respectfully.)  We learn that their communication skills have not improved whatsoever.  Agent K insist that he doesn't want to talk about his past, well, frankly, he doesn't want to talk at all.  Agent J is annoyed by this, and ties to get K to share the smallest information.

Soon it is discovered that Boris is on Earth, and the man he is out to destroy is Agent K, and to do so Boris must go back in time, with Agent J fallowing shortly behind to protect the world from alien invasion.

When in the past we meet a young Agent K (played brilliantly by Josh Brolin) and Agent J gets to see a whole new side of his long time partner. What made him change?  And why isn't he with that girl K keeps flirting with?  That's some of the questions the movie starts to uncover, along with many other details I wont mention.

Honesntly, I never saw the second movie.  My brothers came home from the film and told me not to waste my time, and I didn't.  Time and money are precious after all.  But I'm so glad I saw this movie.  I laughed a whole lot, the jokes were pretty good, and I couldn't help but keep smiling.

Some other notable favorites were the older and younger Agent O played by Emma Thompson and Alice Eve.  (I love Emma as an Actress.)  And I love the addition of the character Griffin, played by Michael Stuhlbarg.  He is an alien with the ability to see many plausibilities and realities at once.  Awesome.

Men in Black III hasn't performed as well domestically at home as the first Men in Black, but overall MIB III has grossed more then the first two installments in its Worldwide World gross, currently more then $620 Million.  Not shabby at all.        

Oh!  And below is a picture of what the screen looks like after the film brakes and burns up.  It's the first time I've ever experienced it!  Thankfully it happened during the previews and not during the movie.  That would have been sad.


Have a great day!
See a good movie:0)
Sarah

4 comments:

  1. Wowzers! I wish I had seen the film break and burn up...that would have been awesome! I like MIB3, too. But I was super tired when I watched it so maybe it wasn't as funny as I thought... :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. :P It was pretty funny, but every things more funny when you're tired. Now, when I see it again, I want to be supper exhausted. That would be fun! What we Mormons find amusing . . .

      Delete
  2. That would have been really sad if it did it during the movie. Those prints are incredibly expensive, often bankrupt the theater expensive.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah. They were able to fix the machine, and fix the film to the next preview, which is very nice. And after that the movie ran great. I wonder how long it will take for digital film to be used in all theaters. There is this theater I like visiting that has digital screens, and once you experience digital, it's hard going back. At least for me.

      Delete