Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Historical Snapshots


I first wrote about my new postcard obsession with a post about postcrossings.  A link to that blog post can be found here.  Since then I have received a total of 46 postcards from 23 different countries. 

I now have a new type of postcards I want to start collection: Vintage Postcards.  My Mom discovered the most wonderful Etsy shop last week called Agnes of Bohemia.  Chantal, who owns the store, has been collecting vintage postcards and stamps for some time.  When I saw the postcard pictured above I knew I had to get it.  It's dated July 2. 1907 and is from Boston Massachusetts.  The side of the card reads:

"Here's where I spend considerable time going to and fro. 
My fellas left for (W?) this morning so I'm dining in town tonight,
 frugally and without company. Sent this fine weather."  

One of my Grandfathers was born in Boston in the 1930's, and my Great-Grandparents were married in Boston in the late 1800's.  It's amazing to think that these are the sights that my ancestors saw.

I also received two more postcards.  


This is a postcards sent in 1944 of a Garden in New Orleans.  


This postcard was sent in 1946 of a highway in Virginia. I love the little Model T on the side of the road.

Her Etsy store is worth a peek.

Have a Fantastic Day!!
Sarah 

2 comments:

  1. Thank you so much for writing about my store. I am so glad that you liked the postcards!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome! And I love my postcards:0) Thanks for being my first blog follower!!

      Delete