Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Behind the Scenes of our First Cover Song

Steven and I practicing

Last week Steven and I, of Cerulean Jade, put up on Youtube our very first cover song:  Mindy Gledhill, "All about your Heart."  We had been talking for some time about doing a cover song, and I honestly was a bit nervous, but it's been great practice and a lot of fun.

So how did we find this song?  Well, I'm a little embarrassed to admit it, but I found the song when I was searching through Hunger Game fan videos.  I had just finished the book and wanted some back ground music to take it all in, when this video, entitled Katniss and Peeta, popped up.  The song enchanted me, and I couldn't get it out of my head.  


Unfortunately this version of the song isn't available for purchase, at least at all the online places I looked, though the upbeat version she did is available on iTunes and amazon.

Filming the cover song seemed to be a little more difficult then the audio, but only because we spent a few days trying to get the lighting and camera positions right.  There was a lot of trial and error.  We spent several hours recording video on one of the first days, only to find that the memory card was corrupt and the video unusable. So we used another camera, only it kept shutting off every twelve minutes, sometimes in the middle of a take.  But once we figured out what was happening, it wasn't a problem.

Overall I think the song and video turned out well.  So here it is, our first cover!  Enjoy:0)


Sarah

No comments:

Post a Comment