Friday, December 3, 2010

Who I Am


Completely Indie:  A musician who is not signed to a major label, and thus has full creative freedom.  All music is done with the help of family and/or close friends, including recording, mixing, and mastering.  Must be a little crazy, yet have the drive to continue moving forward when set-backs occur or technology decides to play tricks.  (Technology can be mischievous like that.)   Must have a passion and love for music. 

 For several years, all my life really, I’ve studied and performed music, participating in piano recitals, choirs, and theater.  When High School was behind me and college started, music was the only choice for a major.  Do to economics and situation I attended two Junior colleges in California, transferred to UVSC (Utah Valley State College, now Utah Valley University,) and was lucky enough to be accepted and then transfer to BYU (Brigham Young University Provo,) where I graduated with a BA in Music from the classical voice division of the school of music.

Now I’m ready to share the music I’ve created and put it on the intergalactic web. 

There are two Christmas songs I’ve been working hard on and are on the verge of going online.  The songs are already on CDbaby, but I’m still waiting for my music to be uploaded to You Tube and the Talea Studios website.

My musical style is a little unique, and it’s probably going to surprise even those who know me well.  The genre can be summed up as “New-Age Electronic Pop.”  It’s the only real definition that seems to fit, but there’s something rather snazzy, yet exciting about it as well. 

This blog will be a collection of my musings, musical adventures, and projects I’m working on or have completed.

I hope you enjoy the music I’m excited to share.

Until next time,
Sarah

No comments:

Post a Comment