Sunday, September 16, 2018

Striking Embers Blaze, an original poem


Striking embers blaze
Clinging smoke clouds the mountain
A whispering wind

~ The Pithy Poet
Sarah Stufflebeam

(The Pithy Poet is a name that's been bouncing around my head for awhile now.  I thought it would be fun to sign all my short poetry with it.)  

 (Three days ago, State Street Utah Valley)

The Pole Creek Fire has been affecting Utah Valley.  I'm not quite sure when it started, but I think it was within the last week.  Three days ago is when I first noticed it, not really sure what the clouds in the distance were.  They seemed off for low hanging clouds.


(Two days ago, view from the point of the mountain.)

It's interesting how the smoke just hangs there.  Yesterday morning the smoke filled the valley with a distinct campfire smell, then by the afternoon the wind cleared the smoke away.  My youngest brother and sister-in-law live where the smoke has been hanging.  Our families were supposed to have a party at their house, but with the smoke, which has been raining ash, we moved the location.

This morning I've been trying to get information on the fire but can't find much.

The weather here has been dry and windy, not a good combination.  There's been quite a few evacuations.  Last I heard the fire was only 2% contained, but that was a couple days ago.

There's multiple wildfires burning in Utah.  I'm praying for the safety of the firefighters.  They're so brave.  And praying for peoples homes as well.  I don't know anyone in the evacuation zone, but many of my friends have friends who are affected, and it's pretty scary.

This seems to be the Summer of fire.  Hopefully it will end soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment