Monday, July 1, 2019

Stopping to Smell the Flowers


Last week I finally went into Trader Joe's here in Utah.  I did a quick peek out of curiosity last year, but nothing more.  There aren't many locations, but this store seems to have a cult following of sorts.  

It's not that I haven't been to Trader Joe's as my Grandpa was always going into the Ventura location.  He loved getting the dark chocolate.  (Just realized we're coming up to his one year passing, a little sad, but it's good remembering the good times.)

For my birthday one of my friends gave me a gift card, so last week I went to see what I could buy for fun.  I'm not buying groceries with birthday money.  That sounds lame.  But flowers!  And chocolate!  That is birthday money worthy.  So today I made another stop, getting groceries, just to see what they're like, and to buy more flowers.

Flowers are good for the soul.

They're happy little things.

And I've decided that once a week I'm going to buy fresh flowers.

Below is the little bouquet I bought today for $4.  Tiny and wild.

Simple little pleasure, but simple small things make life grand.


No comments:

Post a Comment