Monday, April 30, 2018

In Which I Attempt A Bob Ross Painting and My Baby Niece Decides She Likes It A Little Too Much


For St. Patrick's day my whole family got together to do a Bob Ross painting party.  Some of my siblings have already done one, and their pictures of the event looked so much fun we all wanted to try.

I grew up watching Bob Ross on PBS.  He's so calming!  But I've never tried painting before, well, beyond a watercolor project in High School art class, but beyond that I haven't painted at all, especially with oils.

Bob Ross makes it look so easy.  How would it be for a novice like myself?



Getting the materials in place.

All the dark colors look the same on the plate.

It was a guessing game figuring out what color I wanted.



Lindsay's masterpiece.


My Mom had a hard time because she's more of a methodical painter. She takes her time.  Painting with Bob Ross is like doing Nanowrimo (national novel writing month).  You can't think about what you're painting.  You've just got to go with it.  Be in the moment.  Put paint on the canvas and see where it takes you.


My masterpiece.

Not half bad for a first-timer! :0)


Then a funny thing happened.


My baby niece decided she liked my painting, so much so she sat on it, missing all the other paintings.


When I found out I laugh/cried.

Her foot prints we did with the paint she got from my painting turned out rather nice.


 And on a completely different note I found out what happened with the Doctor.  He just disappeared  one day from the garage.  It turns out he's been hanging out at my brother's work.  That stare though.  Still weirds me out a little, like he's seeing through me, or I just didn't something wrong.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment