Thursday, December 15, 2011

Sunsets and BYU's shout out on Psych


I took this photo a couple weeks ago, just after one of the first snowfalls here in the valley. This is a view from my front door, and on special occasions we get a sunset like this. It's one of the many reasons why I love living here.

On a different note, one of my favorite TV shows currently on air is Psych. Last year they had a competition on their website called "Campus Wars," and the school that won would get a special "shout out." BYU Provo, my alumni, won in a landslide, and by no small margin. Last night we got the shout out, and it was in a way I didn't see coming.

Three of the lead characters, Henry, Lassiter, and Gus, went to a club like bar, and after they get there two girls walk in wearing a "Y" shirt, and later they are seen at the bar drinking. Anyone who knows anything about BYU, specifically the honor code we must adhere by, and Latter-Day Saints knows we would never be seen in a place like this.

I know why they did it, it's because we've won the "stone cold sober" award from US News several years running, and Psych loves their off the wall humor. It's one of the reasons why I watch the show. But I was a little shocked at this, exclaiming, "After all the things they could have done, they choose this? Those better be virgins!" Virgin alcohols, of course. My whole family (we're all huge fans) were laughing embarrassingly, puzzled, and shocked.

I don't know how I feel. It could have been worse! I wish something different could have been chosen. I read on facebook that BYU, on Psych's Hash Tag Killer website, got a really nice shout out. A short google image search later I found a screen shot showing Vocal Point mentioned, and that there's a lot of Psych O's out here.

Here's my plot theory. These two girls, very ditzy blonds, went to a thrift store wanting to appear more intelligent. They bought BYU shirts thinking they were Yale shirts, because, really, that's not a far stretch at all, and had no idea what would be inferred by the mix up. It could happen.


Have an awesome day!
Sarah

No comments:

Post a Comment