Monday, December 2, 2013

My Favorite Black Friday Find Ever


 I don't even know if this was on sale or not, but many years ago I actually did the whole "Black Friday" wake up early to face mass insanity bit.  One of those stores I ventured into happened to be Shopko, which I rarely visit.  I was in the game section when I spotted this Iron Chef Board Game from the original Japanese series.

The game honestly has the worst game play of any game I've ever played.  Ever!  Overwhelmingly terrible.  And boring.  And repetitive.  Etc, etc, etc.

But I miss the original Iron Chef.  That show was amazing!!!  I still remember discovering the show back in the late 90's when it was still being produced.  I was babysitting, trying to find something to watch, when an advertisement for Iron Chef came on.  I had to watch it.  And we did, a couple hours later.  My parents were dumbfounded when they got home, seeing us watch a cooking show with deep concentration.  Soon they were hooked as well.

Sure, Iron Chef America is good and all, but it will NEVER compare to the original.  I wish it was in reruns somewhere, so I can re-watch and relive the awesomeness.

This game is nostalgic, even if it only serves as decoration.


 This year my main focus was Pinkie Pie, because they stopped selling her at Build-a-Bear, and I had to get her for my families My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic collection.  They brought her back for Black Friday.  Fluttershy was released for the first time as well, so my Mom and I had to get her.  Now they just need to release Apple Jack and Rarity so the collection can be complete.


Disney Store, Sees Chocolate, Bath and Body Works, and several hours at Archiver's printing pictures and making ornaments (took so many hours!), and our Orem University Mall trip was over . . . after which we decided we weren't quite finished and drove to The District in South Jordan to visit Charming Charlies.  12 hours total!  The longest Black Friday ever, but very, very fun. 

2 comments:

  1. MY LITTLE PONIES!!!!!!!!! I LOVE MY LITTLE PONIES! GAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!! I must get them for me...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Quick, before you can't!!!! One of them is about to be discontinued, but I'm not sure which one. Rainbow Dash, I think. I don't know how long they're keeping Pinkie Pie. Twilight Sparkle came out a few months ago, and Fluttershy is new.

      I love them!! And such high quality :0)

      Delete